Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The End Of War

The End Of War – A Novel Of the Race For Berlin by David L.
Robins
The title of this novel sounded good but like the real “The War To End
All Wars” (WWI), World War II didn’t turn out that way. Actually though the story was about how the war actually ended. The British and
American armies were racing toward Berlin in the closing montsh of the war. It
was a close race and the the Americans (Eisenhower) dropped out for tactical
reasons. Churchill saw the political consequences but by this time the Americans
had the final say… Was this a major blunder which ultimately prolonged the Cold
War? The “what ifs” of history can be fascinated and this book meets that test.
Still, the point seems a little mute since we know how that all turned out in
the long run. The story behind the leading political leaders and generals is well known for devoted history buff. It's the well formulated imaginary characters that give this book its real interest. Overall I’d give this book a B+…..

2 comments:

Montanagirl said...

I have not read this book either. Tired eyes...

Lo said...

Hi,dear
This has nothing to do with your post, but with a comment you left on my blog re my recent ablation procedure.

Don't be afraid......I will try to tell you all about it before yours in October.

Don't know if I already have your email address, but if you want to write to me I will reply.
lms52927@aol.com