Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Monday, December 10, 2018

Stubby the War Dog or Sergeant Subby (your choice)

The True Story of World War I's Bravest Dog. A National Geographic Kids Book for dog lovers and Kids of all Ages. Actually, Bausum wrote twin titles about the stray dog smuggled to Europe during World War I who returned to a hero’s welcome. Both books were published in 2014 by National Geographic: Sergeant Stubby (for adult readers) and Stubby the War Dog (for children). Though I remain devoted to another canine hero from The Great War (Rin Tin Tin) Stubby's  true story will leave you amazed....

Known for his keen instincts and fierce loyalty, Stubby is still recognized today as the most decorated canine in American history and the first promoted to the rank of Sergeant in the U.S. Army. Naturally an animated movie  followed......:)

Click icon for more
book review blogs
@Barrie Summy

7 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Any book about a dog is sure to produce tears from me.

When my granddaughter was about five, I took my granddaughter, Ruby, to a movie about dogs. It was funny and sweet. When it was over and the lights went on, I looked over at her and she had tears running down her face. I comforted her and she said that she didn’t understand why all the water was coming out of her eyes. I told her it was her feelings and she had a beautiful, tender heart. Animals bring out the best in us.

Out on the prairie said...

A fun read it sounds.I am at the library today looking over all the new arrivals. They have a list of authors and one chooses all their favs and gets notified when there are new acquisitions. looking for something funny today, been reading a lot of detective novels. Just finished S Kings Elevation for a genre change.

Barrie said...

The most decorated canine! Wow! I think this book would make a great gift for my daughter, a dog lover. Thank you for reviewing!

Valerie said...

This is a must read. Following your recommendations always pays off for me. Thanks to you I am now on the third book by Sue Monk Kidd.

Barrie said...

Valerie, I love Sue Monk Kid's books, as well!

The Purple Assassin. said...

Sounds like an interesting read!

Its nice to have stumbled across your blog!

Sending you my best during this holiday season!

xx

Powell River Books said...

I remember growing up with Rin-Tin-Tin on TV. It's good to provide children with true stories about history. - Margy