Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Dementia

Dear Friends & Fellow Bloggers,
Sorry to report that Mrs. T (Barb) was transported from St. Mary's Hospital campus  in Rochester MN. to Cottage Wood memory care unit this week.  This has been five years coming but the wandering, memory loss and agitation had increased considerably this summer and fall with numerous 911 calls and stays in the secure unit or “prison" as she has  called it. Barb volunteered at  Mayos Abigail Van Bureans Alzheimer and Memory Loss Research Center .      Perhaps the last great frontier isn’t outer space but the human brain and it’s role in mental illness. Your thoughts
now and in the future will be much appreciated. I intend to return to my blogging hobby and soon as I can get my act together here on the home front
 
 
Ray....
 
 

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Ray, you have so much more to think about now than us. Take care of Barb, and my best wishes for both of you. Love and light...Joanne

Linda said...

I'm so sorry! This is tragic for both of you. Best of luck.

Anvilcloud said...

This is so sad and what I fear. I wish you both as peaceful a time as possible.

donna baker said...

It is a fear of mine too. I always worry I am getting dementia. They will figure it out one day. Much support will be needed.