Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Monday, April 1, 2013

Fluffy and Baron

And now in a considerabley lighter vein a book gift from a friend.   "One summer day, someone new waddled into Baron’s life. Her name was Fluffy." Thus begins the sweet tale of a dog, a duck, and true friendship. Laura Rankin’s spare text and emotive art speaks to the heart. Based on a real-life dog and duck duo, Fluffy and Baron is a great book for children of all ages.


Top Ten Reasons Why I Like The Book Fluffy and Baron
#10 The book was a gift from a friend.
# 9 Baron has really funny expressions.
# 8 As a child I got a baby duck for Easter.
# 7 My spouse dresses up as Mother Goose for Halloween.
# 6 Fluffy is a Peking duck, my favorite at Chinese restaurants.
# 5 It’s shorter than War & Peace.
# 4 I’m ready in case I ever have to do "story hour" at the local library.
# 3 The print is big so I can read it even if I can’t find my glasses.
# 2 Friendship and loyalty is where it’s at.
# 1 Baron is my bud

My Baron -

16 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, Happy April first.....looks like a sweet read....love the look on the Baron's face....Francine.

Ms Sparrow said...

I love your List of 10! It looks like really sweet book. My very favorite children's book is Dr. Suess's "Horton Hatches the Egg". I puddle up every time.

Montanagirl said...

How sweet! You need to read that book to Baron!

NCmountainwoman said...

Sweet past, TB!

Tammie Lee said...

Hello

Sounds like a fun book

As for the river, it is the north fork river on the way to Polebridge. Some of the rock photos were from lakes.

Good spring to you.

Anvilcloud said...

My wife has quite a few children's stories (many are Christmas stories) around the place.

Folkways Note Book said...

Fun reading your review!!! -- barbara

Dave Coulter said...

How cool is that! I like your ten reasons too :D

Jo's World said...

Some very good reading over in the Children's section of the library!

Jo

Sally Wessely said...

This is a great post. I love your top ten. Sometimes, it is good to read a selection from the literature out there for children. The message from these stories rings true with adults.

warriormom said...

Love your list!! My grandbabies enjoy this book thanks to a fellow blogger who read your previous review on your other blog. Makes me think of your Baron when we read it.

Catherine said...

Well how fun is this book! I like your list too.
I hope you are having a terrific April so far!
xo Catherine

amanda said...

Your Top Ten list is enough to make me want to check this story out, myself.
Spring greetings to Baron!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hey! I got a baby duck, too! Which precludes me from enjoying Peking Duck to this very day. :))

CailinMarie said...

oh! the cover is darling! I must find this book. A., Baron looks like a GSD in the illustration. B. I've always wanted to have spring ducks (just once- I hear they are very messy and once we've done it we will never do it again!)

Zhoen said...

There are some wonderful children's books, and I never, ever got over my love of good picture books. This one sounds lovely.