Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Monday, June 29, 2015

Suspect


 
From the inside cover….

LAPD cop Scott James is not doing so well. Nine months ago, a shocking assault by unidentified men killed his partner, Stephanie, nearly killed him, and left him enraged, ashamed, and ready to explode. He is unfit for duty until he meets his new partner.

Maggie is not doing so well, either. A German shepherd who survived two tours in Afghanistan sniffing explosives before losing her handler, her PTSD is as bad as Scotts.
They are each others last chance. And they’re about to investigate the one case no one wants them to touch: identifying the men who murdered Stephanie. But what they find could ultimately break them both.

 Both man and dog are suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Together this pair of wounded warriors must help heal each other, while searching for clues in a last-chance case that could be their salvation or their untimely end.
Robert  Crais' work, "Suspect" is an intense, fast-paced and thrilling page turner.

Needless to say, Scott will come to feel quite differently about Maggie. As she will to him. In fact, one of the riskier things Crais does is occasionally write from Maggie’s point-of-view. Attempting something that could easily come across as maudlin and manipulative, Crais succeeds in giving us a window into the thought processes of a sensitive, well-trained dog. Like Scott, fall in love with Maggie. She’s brave, resourceful, empathic, and loyal. A couple of chapters into the book I fell in love with her just like in real life I did with my Max, Ben, Chessie, Muffy, Baron, and now Lily.  A dog lover am l. And good stories too….:)
My two German Shepherds.....  Lily and Baron .
 
 

5 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

You have totally sold me TB. A story about redemption and with a dog and I am hooked. Thanks for the review.

Valerie said...

I'll have to read this book, even if it does make me cry.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Ordered the book for my kindle as soon as I read the reveiws. I've read a few Robt Crais books in the past but have never been a huge fan of his Elvis Cole, Joe Pike characters. On the other hand, I've never met a dog I didn't like. If Crais really understands dogs, I will love this book. If you have never read a Virginia Lanier book, I would recommend one. She writes about a tough, gutsy woman who has a search and rescue operation in Georgia and raises bloodhounds. The books are kind of hard to get since Virginia died, but worth the effort to find.

Blogoratti said...

Seems like a great read. Best wishes!

Carla from The River said...

I will be checking this one out at the library. Thank you for the reviews. Keep them coming :-)