Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Monday, July 23, 2012


Former Secretary of State Madeliene Albright writes of her childhood, family and the tortured history of the land of her birth- The Czech Republic, in her new book Prague Winter. It was only recently that she found out that most of her relatives were killed in the Holocaust. Her parents, who escaped in the early phases of WWII,chose not to tell anyone of their Jewish ancestry...
I found this book to be the best personal memoir I had read in years.

6 comments:

Veronica Wald said...

Others have similarly endorsed it. She is a brilliant women writing about an important historical era.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I always thought she was an interesting lady:)

NCmountainwoman said...

Madeleine Albright has always been one of my heroes. I will definitely read this memoir.

Sally Wessely said...

I am trying to work my way through this very book at the moment. I must admit that I am having a hard time with it. I think I need to take a break from heavy reading right now and come back to this after I've done some light reading. I have enjoyed parts of it, but I am having a hard time retaining what I am reading. I will come back to it later for sure.

EcoRover said...

High praise. People like Albright help define the American Dream, and the promise inscribed into the base of the Statue of Liberty.

Montanagirl said...

I'll bet it's pretty intense. Have not read this yet.