Troutbirder

Troutbirder
To Go To Troutbirders Nature Blog (click on above picture)

Monday, December 2, 2013

Moving on....


 
 
I can't help it but I'm an "everything in its place" kind of guy. My spouse is the "cleanliness is next to godliness" kind of gal. With these two different priorities there is plenty of room for conflict  but I won't get into that.
Today I'm deleting and sorting and rearranging my two blogs. Why? Put things where they belong and clear out the closet to make room for new posts as it were.

The reshuffling comes about because some years ago my first blog developed a glitch I couldn't fix. So I started a new blog and called it Troutbirder II. Later the first one got fixed and so   I had two blogs. What to do? Troutbirder became the nature blog and Troutbirder II was for book and movie reviews and anything else that wouldn't fit under the nature/travel rubric. For a while, though, the two overlapped. Now after several years of maintaining two blogs I’m back to consolidating and rearranging. I CAN'T HELP IT!  I’m not quitting blogging it’s just that the idea of maintain two blogs has become a bit much.  So I've  decided that putting whatever topic I write on in one place makes it is simpler and easier to maintain a reasonable output.  There will still be occasional reviews and others odds and ends all found by clicking  moving on cartoon above .....

8 comments:

Retired English Teacher said...

So, will this be your real blog, or will the other one be your real blog? I could never maintain two blogs. I have a hard time with one!

troutbirder said...

It will be the other one.

Jo's World said...

Hey, hey Troutbirder, settle down here now. Just write down whatever catches your fancy (like that new puppy you were gonna get this winter!) and we won't mind if its not in the correct department. Books, movies, talk, all goes together like triplets.

Cheers and hugs,

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Ien in the Kootenays said...

I so hear you! I have three, and sometimes they overlap. I am following both of yours so there should be no problem, right?

PS (PSanafter-thought) said...

Hi, just thought I'd let you know that I'm still reading your blog even if I don't comment all that often lately. I often read the posts on my phone. It is possible to comment, but it is a challenge. I appreciate your need to reorganize and reconfigure your blogs. I'm a reorganizer type of person. My problem with my blogs is that I have two of them, one long neglected. I didn't want to have my political and religious/faith views on the sewing/art blog, so I had two separate blogs, linked to two different email addresses, with two different sign in names. That would be great, but when I changed internet service providers, I had to get rid of one of my email addresses. Blogger didn't like me to have different sign in names with the same email address, so I had to open a new, non gmail email address just for the one blog. Long story short: it is too complicated now and then I had health issues which limited my time, so I've kind of give up on one of the blogs, actually, the one that is associated with the sign in I;m using to comment here. I probably should somehow figure out a new blog and switch over. Oh well. Life is too short.

Sarah Laurence said...

That makes sense. I randomly go to one or the other since I love both nature and books. It would be easier to find all your posts on one blog. Happy New Blog Year!

Chris said...

Hi there,just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Cool Front said...

Troutbirder,
There's a joy in reading things I wrote years earlier. Often the words appear like they were written by someone else. But the mistakes seem all mine (German blood). So I correct wordage and add sentences here and there. Guess nothing is ever really done, so tinker away, rearrange, and rewrite. After all, it's your baby.
Coolfront